A Brooklyn gospel singer has sued McDonald's alleging her voice has been ruined after she swallowed a piece of glass that was in her chicken sandwich. Jacqueline Simpson told the New York Post that the glass left her with a "hoarse, rattly voice" and unable to sing soprano like she used to, Radar online reported. Simpson, who filed the lawsuit in Brooklyn Supreme Court, revealed she ate the ...
Will Smith has revealed that rapper Kanye West has "been pushing" him to return to the music scene. The 44-year-old actor told HipHollywood.com that he has been messing around with West and both of them have been to studio a couple of times, the New York Daily News reported. Smith, who was a successful rapper before he made his way to superstardom as an actor, added that he is not going to ...
A foundation set up by late singer Amy Winehouse's father Mitch reportedly raised nearly 1.9 million pounds (over $2,000,000) in a year. The foundation helps homeless people, drug addicts and promotes young musicians. "We are honoured we can help so many young people in Amy's name. Good everyone was involved," thesun.co.uk quoted Mitch as saying. The foundation collected more than 700,000 ...
Microsoft has unveiled its latest video gaming console 'Xbox One' which is believed to transform games, TV and entertainment for the 21st century living room. The latest console reportedly promises a vision of the future. According to a report by the Mirror, 'Xbox One' will allow users to turn on the device with words like "Xbox On", and "snap" will allow users to watch two things at ...
An Indian film festival, where hugely popular Bollywood movies like "Lage Raho Munnabhai" will be screened, is to be held here to commemorate the 40th anniversary of establishment of diplomatic relations between India and South Korea. The festival will be held at CGV Yeouido, IFC Mall, May 24-28. It has been organised by the Indian embassy with the support of CGV, the Indian tourism ministry ...
Just My Luck [DVD]
Just My Luck is a riff on body-switch comedies, except this time it's not entire souls that swap corporeality--just one's luck. The movie skates along on the brittle-thin premise that some people are lucky and others are not, and if those people happen to kiss, they can swap fortu ... ...
Jimmy Shergill has said that Hindi and Punjabi films have a huge audience from Pakistan - especially in Canada. It's been a super busy year for the Bollywood actor. With over 50 Hindi and Punjabi films under his belt, Shergill has proven himself as the versatile actor he always dreamt of being, even if it took him 17 years. While he loves to do Punjabi films, Shergill says that his bread ...
Singer Tulisa Contostavlos and her beau Danny Simpson are reportedly facing a rough patch in their relationship. The couple has been dating each other from November last year, and they have been public about it. However, all's not well in their paradise, reports thesun.co.uk. "Danny and Tulisa's relationship became public very quickly and was very full-on. They've had a lot of stress and it ...
Actor Will Smith may have pulled off several stunts in Hollywood films, but he doesn't know how to swim! He didn't learn to swim as he didn't have too many swimming pools in his vicinity when he was young. "I can't swim. In inner City Philadelphia, there's not a lot of swimming pools and I never actually learnt how to swim and I'm embarrassed about it," femalefirst.co.uk quoted the 44-year-old ...
REDMOND, WASHINGTON Microsoft Corp gave the world the first look at its new game console on Tuesday, hoping the Xbox One will attract existing video game fans while also becoming a hub for living room entertainment. The third-generation Microsoft console, coming eight years after the Xbox 360, was unveiled by games unit chief Don Mattrick at an event at the software company's campus ...
Los Angeles, May 22 : The Kardashian sisters, Kourtney and Khloe, are being lined up by "I'm A Celebrity...Get Me Out Of Here" to be a part of of the upcoming edition of the ...
They said it
Nothing will ever completely replace playing the game I love, however I feel like I'm starting a new adventure and I'm genuinely excited about what lies ahead. I'm fortunate to have been given many opportunities throughout my career and now I feel it's my time to give back.
The world's best known footballer was speaking after formally announcing his retirement.
The Plaza, New York City
After a prompt and friendly check-in at The Plaza I was escorted by the bellman to the 15th floor to ...Keep reading
Record Your Vote
Do you take the threat of North Korea seriously?
Austin GlobeAustin Globe – Authoritative News Resource for Austin, Tx
The Austin Globe is essentially a local Austin newspaper, but with a national and international perspective, designed to provide readers with a one-stop shop for Austin, national US, regional, and world news coverage, weather and sports information, with live updates on breaking business stories, and what's happening in the financial markets.
The biggest advantage we have is that we are an online newspaper, which means we are constantly refreshing our stories as more and more information comes to hand. Often when a story breaks the initial details are sketchy.
We and our sources around the world work hard to gather more information, verify facts, and provide a perspective of the major stories. Expert opinion often accompanies our articles to better inform readers, and provide a more complete understanding
of the news we deliver.
Financial markets and business reports are regular features as we pin down what's happening, and constantly refresh stock market indice readings, dollar currency rates, and breaking business news reports. Our world sports coverage is a priority, as is our regional news.
We like to think if you're looking for breaking news out of Austin, Texas, the United States, or the world, you'll look for it first at the Austin Globe.
Of the forty five U.S. senators who voted down Wednesday's gun reform bill, 42 have received funding from arms manufacturers or their agents.
The London newspaper The Guardian revealed the statistic on Thursday citing a study dating back to 1990.
On Capitol Hill, 45% of the Senate was able to derail a proposal that polls say is supported by roughly 90% of Americans.
"Everyone who voted yesterday knows after reading that bill, in their heart of hearts, that the bill would have made America safer," MSNBC's co-host Mika Brzezinski said on Thursday's Morning Joe. "We are the 90%," his co-host Joe Scarborough added. "And 90% will not be ignored."
Forty one Republicans voted against the bill, as did four Democrats.
"All in all this was a pretty shameful day for Washington," President Barack Obamai, in company with victims of gun violence, told a press conference in the Rose Garden Wednesday.
Seven amendments were put up, covering assault weapons, high-capacity magazines and straw purchases. All 7 amendments were defeated.
The senators who opposed the bills were:
1. Sen. Lamar Alexander (R-TN)
2. Sen. Kelly Ayotte (R-NH)
3. Sen. ...
- Work starts on creation of new Dubai island
- Murofushi loses appeal in IOC member election
- ESPN layoffs 7000 workers as TV rights fees rise
- Microsoft launches all-in-one home entertainment system Xbox One
- Fitness-for-work tests unfair on people with mental health problems court says
- UK mum does house chores in her sleep
- Beer thief leaves apology note cash
- Cashier sells herself winning lotto ticket
- Daniel Dennett You can make Aristotle look like a flaming idiot
- The humor of candid camera
- Deadly US Twister Hits Tornado Alley
- Woman dies after being struck by car while crossing Arlington street
- Maybe some good things will come from all the “scandals”
- A day after Oklahoma’s disaster some Tea Partiers’ top concern is the IRS
- Fort Worth considering new pay arrangement for injured officer
- Sergio wants to speak to Tiger
- Bucs Revis gets OK to make cuts on knee
- Polamalu hopes to make calf issues history
- Sandovals HR caps Giants rally past Nationals
- Source Mavs mulling Howard sweepstakes
- GrubHub and Seamless to merge
- Common food supplement made from beef oysters fights degenerative brain disorders
- Four farming groups to receive 2013 Plant Genome Saviour Community Awards
- Phusion Projects Brings Moskato Life to Canada
- Taste Alberta Animal health and food safety top priorities for poultry farmers
- Arrested Development Leads The Charge For Old Brands In New Media
- Lets Get Creative And Redefine The Meaning Of Religion
- Letters Internet sales tax the consumers last word
- Despite Cheap Wigs the CIA Are Big Spenders
- Globe Editorial Canada should lift outdated visa restrictions on ANC members
- Imran Khans PTI seeks pro-Taliban clerics help to initiate peace talks with outfit
- Brooklyn Beckham begins training with QPR following dads retirement
- Pak batsman Mohd Yousuf rubbishes media reports of retirement from intl cricket
- New retirement community to open in Biloxi on June 6
- Bears LB Urlacher announces retirement
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Austin Globe headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Medical device developer Inova Labs raises $12M financing
- Austin co. develops 3-D food printer for NASA
- House gets ready for major budget vote
- Senate OKs legislation to cut business taxes
- COTA to city of Austin help us win X Games bid